Terms and Conditions:
Payment confirms registration of selected Firearm Proficiency Course/s.
- Full payment is due prior to enrolment. Study material will be given to the learner upon receipt of proof of payment for selected Proficiency Course/s.
- All fees and material/s are non-refundable & non-transferable.
- All course fees include course material, ammunition, range fees, weapon rental, consumables, and instructor/assessor fee (Unless otherwise stipulated).
- A formative assessment (open book test) must be completed in black ink prior to attending the arranged session/s (i.e. classroom lecture, closed book summative test/s). If the learner fails to comply, the learner will be asked to leave and reschedule an alternative date to attend the arranged session. A fee of R 300.00 will apply.
- Should the learner not attend the arranged session/s and fail to complete the summative test/s within 4 months of registration, the learner forfeits their registration fee and a new course fee will apply (unless a prior arrangement has been made).
- The learner can complete the qualification shoot on the same day as the summative test or within a maximum of 30 days after completing the summative test/s (unless prior arrangement have been made).
- The learner must make appropriate bookings for the arranged session/s which are currently held on a Saturday from 08h30 to 17h30.
- Should the learner not notify AAA ALARMS EAST (Pty) Ltd. of their inability to attend scheduled arranged session/s and/or practical shoot, a “NO SHOW” FEE of R 350.00 will be applied and certificate/s will be withheld until payment is received.
- Ammunition provided for qualifying shoot/s are as follows:
- 40 x Handgun Cartridges (9mmP/.38SPL or .22LR).
- 25 x 12GA Shotgun Cartridges.
- 40 x .223 or .22LR Cartridges for a Manually Operated Rifle or Carbine.
- 40 x .223 or.22LR Cartridges for a Self-Loading Rifle or Carbine.
Business Purposes Proficiency:
- 50 x Handgun Cartridges (9mmP or .38SPL).
- 25 x 12ga Shotgun Cartridges.
- 40 x Rifle Cartridges for a Manually operated Rifle or Carbine.
- 40 x .223 or 9mmP Cartridges for a Self-Loading Rifle or Carbine.
* Should the learner be unsuccessful on their qualifying shoot, the learner will be responsible for range fee/s, weapon rental, consumables and relevant ammunition cost/s on their next attempt.
- Should the learner be unsuccessful on their first attempt on their closed book summative test/s, a FREE re-write will be offered (ONE per unit standard). However, a fee of R 250.00 per unit standard will be charged for every re-write thereafter.
- Appropriate clothing, closed shoes must be worn at all times in the classroom and on the shooting range.
- The student/s are welcome to bring their own ear and eye protection, will be provided by AAA ALARMS EAST (Pty) Ltd. Sunglasses or prescription glasses may be worn as eye protection.
- The leaner will be informed if AAA ALARMS EAST (Pty) Ltd. are going to use the outdoor and not the indoor shooting range for his/her qualification shoot. Please bring sun screen lotion, and wear a cap or hat for sunburn.
- The learner needs to produce 2 certified identity document copies (no older than 3 months) when attending the arranged session/s (certificates will not be captured without this).
- The learner needs to fill in and sign all the marked areas indicating “Learner’s Name, Signature or ID Number” do not fill in any DATES.
- If the learner is in possession of a valid Competency Certificate for any firearm, he / she do not have to do the “Knowledge of Firearms Control Act 60 / 2000” exam again. This course is a legal requirement for first time firearm owners only. Please supply AAA ALARMS EAST (Pty) Ltd. with a copy of your valid Competency Certificate.
- An appeal against an Assessment: In order to ensure an effective assessment procedure, the learner may appeal directly to the Assessor/ Training Provider and if unsatisfied, to the ETQA department of PFTC. The appeal procedure is laid out in your course (study) material.